Friday, November 13, 2009

Freedom on the Horizon

Make it $800 out of my own pocket for septic and cleaning (UGH the grossest job in the world, I'm so glad it's not mine), and I've found my new apartment.

But let's get through this in chronological order.
The septic guy came in the morning, spent an hour or so emptying the tank, and then came ringing at the doorbell. He proceeded to charge me $360 for the pumping, letting me know that the draining would still be messed up because the main line from the house to the tank was clogged with a bunch of powdery white stuff. For a minute I panicked: could it be the sugar cookies and cinnamon rolls I recently binged/purged? But that's impossible...right? He said he wouldn't be able to fix that, but he could send someone over later in the day who could. I said fuck it, why not, and dropped 800 dollars. Then the guy actually had the nerve to ask me out. I had a lot of fun turning the fat fucker down.

Then the BF slept through our date and I almost wished I'd said 'yes' to Joe-six-pack. Almost.

Then at four I made an appointment to go look at an apartment in a hidden corner of the sprawling strip-mall and auto dealer town I live in, and I fell head-over-heels in love with it. I'm moving in on the first of December, if I can talk my parents into co-signing. It's not too expensive for me (only $650 per month, which is actually quite low for this area), but they have an income requirement of atleast three times that! I make about 2.4 times. So co-signers are required. :(

Still. My own place. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stoked.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new place! I'm so envious. I still have about a year until I'm out of the house. Although if I'm lucky, the boyfriend said I could stay with him after he graduated, and while I finished up my senior year. If that happens, I'll be so stoked. No one telling me what to eat, when to eat, or to even eat at all!

    Bummer about the septic cleaning. Sooo nasty.

    ReplyDelete