Wednesday, May 6, 2009

146.6

Breakfast: 2/5 block of firm tofu (broiled), 6 romaine lettuce leaves with 2 tbs amy's goddess dressing
Lunch: 1/5 block of firm tofu (broiled), 6 romain lettuce leaves w/ 2tbs amy's dressing
Snack: 1 grapefruit
Dinner: 1 microwaved boca patty with garlic salt, 10 oz carton of grape tomatoes
Calories = 800

Finished up 2-4-6-8 with hardly any problems. Tomorrow will be day number one of my 34-day liquid fast! I'm psyched. I am feeling really confident about it. It's weird; I just know I can do it. It sucks that I'm on my stupid period, because that means I'll probably get it one more time before the fast is over. It just makes everything a little bit harder. But I'll survive. :)

Today was weird food-wise. I had a lot of trouble consuming 800 calories; it seemed like SO MUCH FOOD. But then I totally almost gave into temptation and started what I'm sure would have been an ugly binge. I went to a friend's house for game night at 8:00, and there were chips and salsa. I don't even particularly like chips and salsa. I did great at resisting them until about five minutes before I had to go home. I was staring at the half-eaten bag of hint-of-lime tortilla chips and dangerous thoughts started crossing my mind. I thought, "maybe I could eat that one little piece. It's like a third of a chip - insignificant in terms of calories." My fat self was saying that I was going to leave soon so having just one would be easy. I actually reached my hand into the bag... ...and then paused. My skinny self knew what was going to happen if I gave in to the moment of weakness and reminded me of how hard I've been working. I pulled my hand out of the bag and didn't eat any chips! It was miraculous. I am very proud of myself. However, in the future it would be better if those thoughts didn't enter my mind at all - that way I wouldn't have to control the impulse to eat.

Midterm tomorrow in labor market analysis. Ugh. I didn't study at all today, so I guess I'll have to get up early tomorrow.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time on here during the next thirty-four days. Must stay focused and motivated.

Daily weigh-ins are going to be a blast. (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment