Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I feel like I'm running out of things to talk about on here.

I started taking apple cider vinegar because I've read about it in a few other girls' blogs; supposedly it boosts metabolism and helps with appetite and stuff. The only thing is, I couldn't tell from my reading just how much you're supposed to consume. I guess I'll look it up online after this. I took a couple of spoonfuls but found it to be a lot more tasty than it sounded. I think I'm going to start recording what I eat on here, just to keep myself honest. I already record it in a journal, but knowing that I'm the only one who's going to see it makes it a lot less painful to look at. So today:

Breakfast: avocado and tomato salad (one small avocado, 10 cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper), nectarine, lo-cal vitamin water
Lunch: heel chunk of italian bread, small granny smith apple
Dinner: 16oz strawberry banana smoothie with almonds and soy milk, stick of orbit gum

less than 1065 calories total. I always estimate pretty high, just in case!
I also ran three miles this morning. I was so proud of myself because I was this close to not doing it. I always lie to myself and say I'll do my running after I get home from school/work/outpatient etc., but then of course I'm way too tired by that time to do anything active at all. So today I just put on my running shoes and bolted before I had time to think my way out of it. And I was so glad I did.

Back when I had tons of free time I would plan my daily meals in advance. Although it seemed like a brilliant idea, I found that if anything failed to go according to my plan (my parents made something other than what I had expected for dinner, or the sandwich I intended on getting was out of stock) that I would give up on the whole plan and just eat whatever junk food I felt like. I just have to remember to constantly be cautious of what I'm putting into my body, remembering how much I'm going to regret it later. One of the ladies at the food bank I volunteer at said to me, "once on the lips, forever on the hips." I couldn't believe I hadn't heard it before. But something good to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment