Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I didn't find it necessary to eat the apple, so 980 calories was my final total for the day. A low for this week so far. What's weird is that I know there are people who would be disgusted at this kind of indulgence, and there have been times when I would be one of them. But given my recent history I'm feeling pretty proud. Let's just hope that my achievements will give me much bigger accomplishments to be proud of in the near future.

I've been drinking so much water lately. This is an improvement for me - I'm kind of a caffeine freak and tend to prefer something with a little more zing than water. Not that I haven't also been consuming large amounts of (unsweetened!) coffee and tea. Caffeine is supposedly good for your metabolism, which makes sense, since it speeds up everything in your body. But caffeine also makes you pee a lot, leading to dehydration which can cause a false sense of hunger and bloating. Yuck. So staying hydrated is key to looking fabulous.

My mood is up today. I am down another .8 pounds. I like to weigh myself at the very end of the day, rather than the beginning. I feel like it's cheating to wait until after a full night's sleep and a morning pee. I don't know, it's just that gnawing awareness that at some point later that day I might be two pounds heavier. I just can't feel good about my weight knowing that. So I prefer to weigh myself at my heaviest, because if I can feel good about that, then I have permission to feel good about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment