Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today (technically yesterday) was quite possibly one of the best days of my life to date. I couldn't even tell you why - nothing particularly amazing happened. It was just one of those days where everything went my way. No snags, no disappointments, and no slip-ups. 725 calories (a new new low for me), and I'm down another 1.6 lbs.

I did, however, consume some suspiciously creamy lentils at a banquet I attended, and so I probably broke my veganism. But I only had six bites. The guy sitting next to me commented that I "hardly touched" my food!! I took it as a huge compliment. I am now sitting in my underwear and feeling great about myself. Waiting for a call from the BF, although I'm starting to wonder if he gets off work at 1:00 and not midnight. I really probably shouldn't hang out with him as I made a resolution to start sleeping in my own bed and it's already super late. Plus I don't want to throw off my sleep schedule. But I'm not going to lie; being this happy and feeling this attractive makes me want to have sex. Plus I drank tons of coffee at that banquet and I don't really want to drink theraflu again.

I have two aquatic turtles in my room. They're babies (well, three years old but that's really young for reptiles) and so they're still pretty tiny. But in comparison with one another, one is really fat and the other one really small. Every time I feed them, the fat one pushes the little one out of the way and eats all the food really fast. Sometimes I take him out of the tank so I can make sure the little one gets something to eat. But I don't feed the small guy too much because I don't want him to get fat like the other one. While watching them just now I thought that they could make a good representation of my addict vs. my dieter. The way I feel about them is pretty fitting, too. The fat one seems mean and kind of scares me, and I love the small one a whole lot. But the fatty is a lot stronger and has to be contained in order for the tiny one to survive. What a brilliant analogy - I should have been an english major.

My stomach feels pleasantly empty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment